As the sun was setting we walked a different route home and ended up finding this huge semi-deteriorated stone building and we came to find that it was an ancient castle built in the 1200's!! And there were no signs of any sort that told us we couldn't go in so... Obviously we did. We walked up into the main entrance and saw wooden steps spiraling up to the top, so naturally...we climbed them. It was so cool!!! We get to the top and there was this huge look out point!! It was awesome that it was once surrounded by water, and there used to be a legit mote surrounding the castle. Such savvy explorers we were!!
This used to be the bridge over the mote to enter the castle!! So cool.
At the top!
Haha
ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!! ...not really though
Dinner on Friday night was EPIC for us. We went to this place called Balmer's and THEY SERVED BURGERS. We were freaking out because we hadn't had a burger in what seemed like decades. It was damn good too!! It had Swiss cheese on it and the fries were delicious too!! It couldn't have gotten any better. The hallelujah choruses were singin it was great.
YUM. Such a happy moment while biting into this
Come Saturday, I woke up a little jittery. Today was the day where we would be canyon jumping. YEP. The Swiss Alps and in Queenstown, New Zealand are the only two places in the world capable of hosting this activity. So originally we thought it owuld be a complete no brainer for us, and that is to experience something that we probably would never be able to do again!
But waking up that morning made me think otherwise. But when the bus came to pick us up, there was no turning back.
This was the contract we had to sign. HILARIOUS.
This is the platform for bungee jumping
THIS is the drop. 90 meters. The ledge on the top-right corner is where you jump.
View from the ground. The ledge is on the top left of the first mountain on the left.
Our group! We were all taking pictures of the contract we were gonna sign. A nice laugh before we had to FREEFALL off a canyon.
Our two other guides....of course I can't remember their names though.
Getting hooked up....TERRIFYING.
.....Me and the drop
I was SOOOO FLUSTERED. At this point there literally was NO turning back.
My limbs were moving and time slowly kept passing and he kept asking me how I was feeling and I had no idea how to answer. Initially, you know it will feel like there will be nothing between you and the ground.
Think about Giant Drop at six flags. Now subtract the harness, your seatbelt, and the entire ride itself and imagine yourself falling...THAT'S the feeling I had. The sole purpose of the rope for me in the first 4 seconds was just something that I could hold on to. My mind couldn't believe that it was actually gonna catch me after a certain point.
I couldn't even screea after a certain point. I was frozen
Everyone laughs at me!! But I just say, had the opportunity to practice what you would look like while free-falling through the air?? Cuz I sure haven't!!!!! Haha
Aaand FINALLY the rope catches!!!!! RELIEF!!!
Although I was freakin' out, it was THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD to be swinging back and forth within the canyon after that drop. Such a liberating and exhilarating feeling I had. My blood was pumpin FAST after the jump. It is indescribable, but it was great.
Here are some views from inside the canyon after we've all jumped. STUNNING.
So high up!
The angle where people freefall from. Still crazy to think that I jumped this. Mindblowing.
All of us still in shock haha
Overjoyed!!!
Back on solid ground! Though....I would have gone again if I could :)
All trying to jump! Worked out terribly haha
Our third guide, Mark! He was such a little ladies man :)
So right when we get dropped off at our hotel, we found out that there was chocolate tasting that was about to start....uhhhh...DUHHHH I'm gonna do that!!! It was held at a famous chocolatier shop for it's incredible Swiss chocolate called Shuh. For 15 euro we got to try the chocolates and then were able to pick something from the shop to take home with us.
She was making it right in front of us! Now i know how to spoil all of you with my chocolatier-ing skills :)
Hehehehe so true!
So that pretty much sums up our trip. Hands down I will have considered this experience to be one of the top 5 moments of my life. There is no other place in the world where I have felt so much at home, so much adrenaline, and so much happiness all at one time, other than being with my family of course :) So, I guess in order for me to get it all, mom, pops, and emily, WE'RE GOIN TO INTERLAKEN!!!! When? No idea, but no matter who what where when and how I get there, I'll be back.
Have you seen the last "Bachelor" episode? Yep. They were at Interlocken and did rappelling down that canyon you bungee jumped in!! Got to Hulu or ABC.com to see it!!
ReplyDelete