Buongiorno!!
It has been a crazy week of finding classes, getting supplies, and just living in general!! And of course, when we are all here, its is the coldest it's been in 20 years here in Italy. JUST great, right? haha oh well. It is pretty funny when it does start snowing and all the locals are thrilled and amazed to look up at the sky. It's just second nature for us Chicagoans.
So being that we have no class in Fridays, Ellie, Janine and I planned on going to Pisa for the day!! To compare it to home, Florence S.M.N is like Olgilve Station, and Pisa is just one of the stops to get off at. Although downtown Pisa is like a mini city, it was certainly not as busy as Florence, so it was a nice break from the chaos.
 |
| Beautiful countryside |
 |
| Pisa! |
 |
| They even have the Arno River that also runs through Firenze! |
 |
| Just basking in the beauty. |
And then, we're so close!!!
 |
Almost there!!!!!!!!
aaaannnddd thennnnn.....
BAM!
The Rumors are true!!! The Leaning Tower of Pisa REALLY IS leaning!!!!
 |
| Haha |
Just doing some famous poses! This one didn't work out too well :/
Italian Architecture <3 gets to me haha
Only 33 of the 180 columns are still made of marble. Because the structure continues to move each very little each year, they continue to have to replace them with concrete. You can see the difference here!
If you paid 20 euro, you could climb to the top......I didn't pay 20 euro haha
But if I did I would be up there!! Maybe next time..
Ristorante al Duomo. Yummy Pizza and Vegetable soup :)
That was our trip to Pisa! Today, Ellie, Janine and I went Piazzale Michelangelio where you can overlook the entire city of Florence and the surrounding mountainous areas. You all know how much I am in love with Ely, Minnesota, but this probably trumps all beauty I have seen first hand. This was HANDS DOWN one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.
GO HERE IF AND WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE!
Enjoy.
Countryside...view from the left
Countryside meets the city
City view!!! Ahhhh!! There's the Duomo, close to where I live!!!
View to the right
Me with the view!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment