Hi all!!
We're in our first week of school here at Lorenzo de Medici, but lucky me - I have no class on Tuesdays!! And Fridays technically. No one has class on Fridays, but I still got it pretty good because instead of having a four day class week I only have a three day week!
So today I am getting my life organized and stocking up the fridge haha. You wouldn't think, but it is actually very hard to find food markets and grocery stores that are actually open when you are ready to go, because usually between 1 and 4 pm a lot of stores close down for their siestas. So either I have to get up early or wait until around four to actually get things done. I guess it's something I'm just going to have to get used to!
Yesterday, I had my Italian language class at noon and my Web Design class at 6. Let me tell you, very interesting! I am taking an elementary Italian language course and the 7 of us in our class (yes, only 7 people in my class...) were all in dismay when all she spoke was Italian. I'm sure she wasn't doing that just to be a snooty professor, but I honestly think she spoke very little English to begin with, so that will definitely take some getting used to. As for my 2 1/2 hour Web Design class, my professor is NUTS. His name is Francesco Mugnai and apparently he's worked with Guess, Facebook, and various other huge companies as a Web Designer. At least that's what he was telling us when he took the first 45 minutes out of our class to tell us about himself. But it's okay because he's kinda cute :)
As for the next couple of days, the most time I am taking out of my day for class will always be for 5 hours on Thursdays, which isn't terrible. As for the next couple of weeks, I will still be getting acclimated to the Italian culture while still being a tourist at the same time. It's funny because some days we will be going to class, stopping at markets, and living the Italian lifestyle while other days we'll take our cameras and travel around the city like crazy excited tourists. Still in that transitional period I guess! Also, super excited because my roommates and I have planned to go to the Venice Carnivale next Saturday! I'm THRILLED. It's when we all wear these beautifully painted masks for the day. Here's a link!
http://www.carnevale.venezia.it/
As for me, always feel free to contact me in any way possible. It is always a treat to be able to talk to all of you from home. I hate the days when I feel terribly homesick and stressed, so talking to you guys always is a great pick-me-up! I'll leave you with some more pics! Love you all. <3
 |
| Fresh market. Closes at 2pm |
 |
| The roundabout to the Ponte Vecchio |
 |
| Arno River |
 |
| Bellisima! |
 |
| Ponte Vecchio! |
 |
| Jewelry Shops on the Ponte Vecchio |
 |
| Hey there! |
 |
| Walkway next to the river |
 |
| Night View! |
No comments:
Post a Comment