Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FAM'S IN TOWN!!!!

I never thought I would be missing Emily and my parents so much, but turns out, towards the end of my spring break trip all I could think about was how they were gonna be there when I got back!!

Because they were to arrive Sunday afternoon, and I wasn't gonna be back til late Sunday, I set everything up perfectly.  Before I left for break, I bought a kick-ass map for them, and labelled it like crazy so they knew where they were in retrospect to everything, and I highlighted some key places they should visit and yummy restaurants.  THe front desk of their hotel was too sweet, and they offered to give it to them when they arrived.  By the time Janine and I got back we rushed home, I immediately dropped off my things and pretty much ran over to see them.  There hotel was literally 2 doors down from mine, so it was even better!!

I remember running up the never ending stairs and furiously knocking on their door at like 2 in the morning hoping they would wake up. And they did!!! Yaaaaay!!!

Next morning, I was supposed to meet them for breakfast and coffee, but we all slept in and then I had class at.  So by 2 o'clock we were just wandering the streets of Florence, showing them my favorite spots and where I shop, etc.  We ate at La Spada, recommendation by Bruno might I add!!

Then I had class again and after that we all went to bed early because we had an early train to Venezia on my no class tuesday!

 Their hotel for the week!

Such cuties!!! BEST tiramisu ever

The cute little one :)


Typical.
Piazza Santa Maria Novella


Duomo Chillin'



Showin' Emily what's good in Florence!!


 we wrote our names on the wall so
 we can be remembered there forever,
 and then it forces us to go back one
 day :)

On Tuesday, we were off to Venice! Since I had been there once before, it was easier to show them around. And we all shared our first gondola ride ever together!

Jet  Lag got the best of them...




mean muggin'







Just such a beautiful city


 Our gondolier, David!
ohhhhh yeaaaaaaa haha


A whole new meaning to 'Rico Suave'



 nat and the two daves

Rialto Bridge




 gotta get pizza, c'mon, we're in italy here...

 Wednesday, I was a rebel and skipped all my classes so I could hang out with mia famiglia!!  It was another day of explorations, jet lag, and a trip to the Boboli Gardens and the Piti Palace!




My favorite fresh and dried fruit market!
The Pitti Palace, and a very small portion of the Boboli Gardens




Then we met up with Janine and her mom and aunt and we all went to Acqua al Due for dinner.  This place was delicious.




On thursday, our last and final day together, I of course took them to the leaning tower of pisa after my 9am class :)  Cliche pictures and funny stares were definitely in order.

my dad said,  "I bet the construction company was fired after this." hahaha

cuties haha


hilarious find!!

So early Friday morning they had their flight back which meant thursday night was our last night together!! So I took them out to dinner at Dante's a pizzeria across the Arno and we all enjoyed some pizza and wine together:)  Then, after much convincing, I took them to Piazzale Michelangelo as my last place that I took them to because it is my number 1 favorite place to be in Firenze.  And even though it was dark out, the view was still incredible, and the stars were shining bright.  A fantastic way to end our week together :)


Thanks for coming to see me guys!! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment